5.02.2009

exposed zippahs


so my roomie, the now-becoming-infamous A, influences my fashion and outfits FREQUENTLY if not always, even when he isn't present, he's on my shoulder as my fashion conscience. hehe and he loves exposed zippers. then much to my surprise my mother sent me a lovely spring dress that she got on sale at Target ( i think it was miss marked, the website still says its full price). I am going to follow up this post with MORE on Target because I HAVE BEEN LOVING THEM LATELY. McQueen, and now Tracy Feith. I have much to report and discuss. But here is the surprise dress from mommy, front view.

momma did good (she rarely does but maybe she's finally learning my style and edginess. (p.s. i HATE HATE HATE the girl smiling in these pictures from the target site. i will hopefully have some of me up in the dress soon.)
i completed the look with black leggings (it was raining), a black sequined sweater, black velvet circular vintage headpieces placed perfectly asymmetrically on my head, red lips and some high strappy snakeskin platform sandals. i will attempt to remember to take pictures before i go out. i am just trying to get the hang out this blogging thing that i have been obsessed with reading and am now trying to pick up 'doing' on my own. the dress is a brushed cotton, fits like a dream in the bust except after last night, i realized needs a hook&eye at the top of the AMAZING exposed zipper because it doesn't have a lock and it kept slipping a bit which was distracting when one is mingling at a party. the volume at the bottom is not too much, and yet still just enough. the fabric is funky too, my fashion designer friend called it a 'tie-dye' print that we have been seeing so much of, but i'd almost say its like smudgy spilled inky. inkily fab. hah.

so more loveliness from the target Go International collection at stores now. similar shape and that GREAT exposed zipper.


its a play on the Leger bandage dress up top and a fraction of the price. i also see hints of Theory in this, maybe i saw some gray and black dress blocking at Bergdorfs like this, again a steal. that is recession deliciousness.

No comments: