9.07.2007

Aggy

the hottest poser around


i had a comment on how Stam isn't as current or "popular" or perhaps lovable as other models.... like for instance, say, Agyness Deyn. OK OK I too have LOTSA love for aggy. But she is a different kind of model, not the kind of model that will ever *sadly* be a household "supermodel" name. THOSE classic striking cheekbones, piercing bue eyes, dark fuller deeply arched eyebrows. AND She has the personality, and white pixie cut to take her very far, but.... only time with tell if the masses catch on. Fashionista has been raving about her for eons& i got hooked, and now I always perk up when I hear she is at a party, or will be DJing somewhere. I have seen her walking with her cute little dog in soho multiple times, she is just as striking in person (I always notice her outfits&height, then realize she is in fact a famous model....Ms. Deyn hah). I love her personal style (one of a kind), but more importantly I love her air of carefree confidence. Thus I owe her a montage like i did for Stam. As Aggy is getting around more and more. Currently, Burberry is a huge mainstream contract and oh so beautifully british. (I know, I know Armani was huge too, but first of, she was so new then-& she was very made up&glamourized for the ads, gorgeous but slightly unrecognizable to the untrained eye)

Some of my fav pics...of the delightful, fresh, funky and ultra cool
AGYNESS DEYN









*note this pics are all editorial, backstage or when she was out at after-parties....i prefer her in these. her power on the runway is unflinching in person however she is poser (she was born to strike vogues..i like her face with animation, not dead deer in headlights like i enjoy in so many runway girls), but doesn't translate to the runway photos....like, say Stam. i am just saying.

golly though after this weeks pics on style.com (ahem...Preen), I could do twelve more of these of her. haha you never know, keep your eyes peeled!

2 comments:

heroine pretend said...

Ahhhh thank you thank you :) It is the backstage/party photos that endear her to me as well. Her personal style is so covet-able, and I see so many imitators, but no one comes close.

She's definitely got her cult followers, and for me she bridges the gap between high fashion and street fashion. Well ok, maybe thats House of Holland doing that, not her :P. But still. Insane love.

the *ubiquitous spectator* said...

you're very welcome. keep the comments coming. : )