10.18.2010

Moschino girl at HEART


recently over drinks with fashion friends
we all were trying to identify the fashion house that best
personifies us, is our style in all of their collections
in style, colour, cut, shape, etc. etc.
i struggled with putting myself into just one house, into one box if you will
i find my style ever changing and versatile, very dynamic, diverse
my dear friend A said, without hesitation, "You're a Moschino girl! of course"
For a moment, I looked at him boogled.
I thought to myself, 'No way, I don't conform'
But then I thought about it...
and thought about...
and mused some more over at style.com, especially Moschino's recent showing~

the colours, the retro styles/cuts, the jewelry (mod and chunky)
mismatched amazing patterns, centers of attention, pieces people talk about as they walk by
statement fashion, feminine but bold, pop art inspired but still elegant and refined
youthful but mature
aka SO ME.
so just when i was embracing this revelation
I saw these chairs, Mademoiselle Moschino had designed for Phillip Stark's Kartell designer series
and I died.
they are SO ME. But $865 each on YOOX.com if you're interested.......

modern edge, in transparent or black
punk princess sketchy
graphic heart motifs
they're delicious, girly and yet still classic
versatile, will work in any apartment from a teenager to 20something to grown woman at her den desk working....


Oh Moschino we are a match made in heaven....
(i will need to do a little shoot in my LBD Moschino ruffles and tiers of adorableness)

No comments: